The Department of Tourism, AJ&K is the main developmental, promotional and regulatory department of the AJ&K Government. Its main role comprises of:
- Overall planning and execution of schemes for the development, up-gradation and improvement of the tourism infrastructure in different parts of the State of AJ&K.
- Support to the private sector industry in the form of incentives for setting up various tourist facilities as well as for promotion and marketing of their products and services.
- Promotion and marketing of various tourist destinations and products of the State.
The Department of Tourism has Tourist Offices in all the tourist resorts of the State of AJ&K. Therbe are many beautiful places and tourist attraction spots in all over the state.
"The State declares tourism as an indispensable element of the national economy and an industry of national interest and importance, which must be harnessed as an engine of socio - economic growth and cultural affirmation to generate investment, foreign exchange and employment, and to continue to mold an enhanced sense of national pride for all State.”
Trends in Tourism
- Increasing wealth and leisure time
- Decreasing travel cost
- Airline industry expansion
- Fewer travel restrictions
- Countries pursuing tourism as means to create jobs, diversify their economies and earn foreign currency
- Tourism as a source of private profit and economic development
Bringing Tourism into Focus
- Vacation and leisure trips
- Visits to friends and relatives
- Business and professional trips