Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Cell was established in 1987 by government of Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
According to section 3 (1) of Jammu &Kashmir Liberation Cell Act, objectives of J&KLC are :
- To project Kashmir issue at National and International level.
- To take steps for accession of the State of Jammu & Kashmir to Pakistan .
- To arrange publications of history of Kashmir Liberation Movement.
- To project Human rights violations in Indian Held Kashmir .
- To work as think tank on the cause of liberation of Indian part of state of Jammu & Kashmir and formulate policies on matter regarding the issue and
- To undetake such other matters as may be assigned to Cell by the government.